The Start of a New Year: Make Your Goals and Create Your Roadmap

Here we are at the end of 2015. It was not exactly the year I thought I would have. I turned 30 and was sure I would be in shape by this time. I am still so far away from being at my goal weight. However, I have many, many non-scale victories to celebrate.

In 2015 I became a regular at the gym. Like every day. I ran my first 5k. I tried so many new classes at the gym. And now I look forward to a challenge in the gym and am not afraid to try new things.

The past few weeks I've been better with my eating and my pants are starting to fall off. My main problem is my eating. I workout a ton. But no matter how much you workout, if you still eat like crap, you won't see changes. That is what I have learned this year. Honestly. It's so true. I have worked my butt off to the point where I have no dry spots left on my clothes. But yet, I end this year at just a few pounds lower than at the start of this year. And those few pounds I lost were just in the past few weeks. The eating HAS to be under control to see the changes.

You know I lost so much weight before. When I did it, I was very good about logging my food and not going over my calories. You could eat the right amount of calories for losing weight and NEVER workout and still lose weight. But you can't workout and eat more calories than you burn in a day and expect to lose weight. And that's what I've been doing. No more.

For Christmas I bought a Fitbit Charge HR and it has seriously been amazing. I've tried other trackers, the UP24, Fitbit Flex, BodyMedia Fit, polar Ft4, polar ft7 heart rate monitor, and the fitbit charge hr has been my favorite. It's so easy to use and seems to be fairly accurate. I love the challenges I can participate in and that I can connect with my friends and family on it.

Okay so GOALS!!! New Year's Resolutions. I love them. I really do. But we so often get off track a little with any resolution and get discouraged and GIVE UP. We need to set an attainable goal and then make a plan of action. How will we reach our goal?

MY GOAL FOR 2016:
Reach my GOAL WEIGHT by New Years Day 2017
Be diligent in logging my food into MyFitnessPal

That's it. Those are my only goals. I want to give up soda and sweets and a bunch of other stuff, but I'm not going to say that. I'm going to try to limit those things, but I'm not giving anything up this year. The only thing I want to concentrate on is making sure I'm logging honestly and accurately and not going OVER my allotted calories, except on rare occasions.

So those are the goals. The PLAN OF ACTION:

Go to the gym at least five days a week (I already do that, so that's easy) and workout hard. Push myself to get stronger.

Log in to MyFitnessPal every day to log my food. I need accountability. That's where my MFP friends can come in, and that can include YOU. Add me!

I have 63 pounds to lose. Let the New Year begin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you do if you miss a workout?

Body Revolution Day 60 of 90

Body Revolution Day 12 of 90