Jillian Michaels Body Revolution After a C-Section

I have had several people ask me about doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution after having a C-Section. I am not a doctor, so let me just be clear that you should always consult your doctor before starting any exercise program. Each person is different and each person's body and c-section is different.

However, I have had three c-sections. I didn't start Body Revolution until after my second one though. I started about 9 months post-baby, so my body had lots of time to heal and I had long since been cleared for any and all exercise. I had no problems whatsoever with any of the moves or any sort of scar-related pain during the exercises.

And now I am doing Body Revolution again after my third c-section. I will say this. After my 6 week checkup post-baby, my doctor cleared me for all exercises, so I started doing body revolution. It was painful. I still felt kind of like I was ripping at my incision site. So I decided it was just a little too soon for Body Revolution.

Now my baby is 14 months old and as I do the exercises, all feels fine. I don't have any surgery related pains. If I had another c-section, I would probably wait a good three months before beginning Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. That's just me. You definitely don't want to start too soon, but obviously only you and your doctor will make that decision. Several people had asked so I thought I would give my insight on the topic.

This type of postpregnancy belly belt really helped me after my c-section. It isn't the exact one I had, as my hospital gave me one and I don't know the brand, but it was like this:




Oh it held your tummy so nicely. Without it I kind of felt like my insides were going to fall out right after the surgery. Yes. Definitely a must have after a c-section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you do if you miss a workout?

Body Revolution Day 60 of 90

Body Revolution Day 12 of 90