How to make Homemade Yogurt! It's so EASY!

Guys, I found a new obsession! Making Homemade Yogurt! It simply could not be easier! And wow, it is so yummy. I use a whole gallon of milk because we eat a lot of yogurt. I take a whole gallon of milk and pour it into a very large thick bottomed pot. I attach a candy thermometer to the pot so that I can keep track of the temperature. I put the pot on the stove and turn the burner to medium heat. The very first time I tried to make the yogurt, I turned it on high heat and my milk burned and it was awful! Medium heat is best! I stir constantly, slowly, until the milk heats to 180 degrees. Then I remove from heat and let the milk cool to 115 degrees. Then take about 1/2 cup of PLAIN yogurt in a bowl. Whisk in about 1/2 cup of the cooled milk into the 1/2 cup of yogurt until it is mixed in. Then mix that yogurt/milk mixture into the big pot of cooled milk. Stir it in really well. Then put the lid on the pot and put it in the oven. The oven should not be turned on, but turn on the oven light for a bit of added heat. Then leave the pot alone for 8-12 hours. I usually leave it overnight. After 8-12 hours take it out of the oven. Ta-da! Yogurt. It will probably be very runny. I then use a cheesecloth to strain it over a bowl for a few hours in the refrigerator until it is a thick consistency that I will like. If you strain it too long, just stir in some of the whey that strained out. So easy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you do if you miss a workout?

Body Revolution Day 60 of 90

Body Revolution Day 12 of 90