Why I've Been MIA

Well guys, I've fallen off the diet and exercise bandwagon. I feel pretty bad about it. But here's what happened.


Yes. I am pregnant. It was a little (okay a lot) unexpected. As soon as I found out, I got scared to exercise. My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, and although I've had two healthy babies since then, I still get nervous. I know that working out shouldn't have any effect on a miscarriage. I know that working out during pregnancy is good and healthy. I know that if I keep up with my exercise now, it will keep my weight in check and make the weight easier to lose later on. I know all of this. But I still haven't worked out in two months. Eek. Did I just admit that? Yes. Yes I did. It's the truth.

Excuses. That's all I got. Fear. I am now 12 weeks and have seen the baby on the ultrasound twice and I hear it's heartbeat on a regular basis. I'm pretty sure my chance of miscarriage is very slim now, but I do know things can happen at any time. So on top of being afraid of miscarriage, I've also been completely and utterly exhausted from this first trimester. Every time I think I will get up to do a workout, I'm just too tired. Also, I've had extreme nausea. All of that combined, and I just haven't been motivated. More excuses, I know.

I feel so depressed about gaining weight. I know that it's normal and healthy and yada yada yada. It's still tough to see the scale go up. I've gained 5 pounds so far and my dr says that's fine. I still feel just so fat. It doesn't help that I haven't worked out. If I don't start again now during my pregnancy I know I just won't do it.

So I need to do it. I haven't blogged, I haven't exercised, I haven't diligently logged my foods. I need to get back on track. I obviously have to eat more than I had been eating before (not restrict calories) and my exercise will be modified a bit. But I need to do it. If I can blog about it then I know I can keep up with it. Blogging keeps me motivated and holds me accountable. So that is my goal for now, to blog about my exercise during my pregnancy.  And I need YOU. I need encouragement from mamas who have exercised during their pregnancy and kept their weight in check. Message me, comment me, email me, find my on MyFitnessPal, whatever. But I NEED you! Please motivate me and help me keep my butt in gear.

Hopefully I will be able to report back tomorrow with how my day went. Let's cross our fingers it includes some form of exercise. Scratch that. I will make sure it does. See you tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you do if you miss a workout?

Body Revolution Day 60 of 90

Body Revolution Day 12 of 90