First Day with BodyMedia Fit and LAST Day of Week 9, Body Revolution

My BodyMedia Fit Link arrived yesterday when I was in the middle of my workout. I didn't get a chance to set it up until after my husband and I were ready for bed. But I figured it out and got it all set up and charged! But we were in our hotel in Va Beach and I had left the actual strap part to the BodyMedia Fit in the car. So I didn't get to try it out until this morning.

When I first put it on, we went for a walk on the beach and it accurately tracked my steps taken (I counted for a few hundred steps, I'm lame). We walked around the mall a bit later and the calories burned seemed accurate.

For my workout today, I did Body Revolution Cardio 3 and my 2 usual YouTube workouts. So for a few months my heart rate monitor has been dead so I haven't been able to use that, so I've just been using my previous calorie burn info from myfitnesspal for my Body Revolution workouts (MFP saves it so when you enter in the exercise the calorie burn is saved). Last time I did Cardio 3 with my heart rate monitor I burned 312 calories. My BodyMedia Fit said I burned 221 calories. I think that is probably very correct. The last time I did Cardio 3 with my hrm I was about 10-12 pounds heavier.

I'm so impressed with this gadget. I am already SO SO motivated to move more, to take more steps, to be more active. I totally see how I am not losing weight as much any more. I have not been burning NEARLY as many calories as I thought I have. Especially on days where my kids exhaust me and I just sit in the playroom and watch them play for a lot of the day.

I will update more on the BodyMedia Fit. But my initial impression is that it will be a very useful tool!

P.S. me and my husband had an amazing overnight stay in Va Beach. We had some yummy Chinese food and drank coffee on our balcony overlooking the ocean. It was perfect! Hope you all had a fantastic day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you do if you miss a workout?

Body Revolution Day 60 of 90

Body Revolution Day 12 of 90