My Couch to 5k Success!

So, I know that I finished the Couch to 5k program a long time ago. But I really cannot rave about it enough! Have any of you used this program? I bought the app on my phone and listened to my own music while I ran. It starts you off slowly and you do run/walk intervals. At first you run for just a minute and then slowly over time you increase the amount of time you run.

Well when I started this program, the very first day, I thought I was going to DIE! That one minute run almost made me pass out. I knew that there was NO WAY I would ever be able to run for 30 minutes straight, which is the ultimate goal in the couch to 5k. But seriously I just stuck with it and each time I could run a little further. I remember thinking to myself, "Wow! I ran for THREE WHOLE MINUTES!" then the next week it was "WOW! Five whole minutes!"

Anyway. So I finished the program (yay me!) but I still run VERY slowly. I'm okay with that though. I'm not in a hurry. I got nowhere to go. Ha. I would like to eventually get faster but I'm content right now with just being able to RUN. And run I do. I think I am officially addicted. I run at least 30 minutes at least 3 times a week now. Yeah, I know, that's not really that impressive compared to some of the really awesome running peeps. But you know what? It's AWESOME compared to what I used to do, which was nothing. You can't compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to YOU! I'm comparing what I can do now with what I used to do.

And really I think one of the best things I bought were a good pair of running shoes. I love my shoes. Love them. And I don't even like shoes. Seriously. What girl doesn't like shoes? That's me. I don't like them, but I love these. They make me feel awesome when I run. I have been so lucky so far because I haven't had any running injuries. I don't know if that's because I run slowly or if it's the shoes or what. But I'm thankful. These are the shoes, only mine are just plain pink. Don't they look cozy?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you do if you miss a workout?

Body Revolution Day 60 of 90

Body Revolution Day 12 of 90