Body Revolution Day 1 of 90

Hello there, folks. I did it! I completed Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Phase 1 Week 1 Workout 1 and Cardio! Yes! The first week (out of the 13) Jillian wants us to "kickstart" our metabolism by eating crazy healthy and doing 1 workout dvd and 1 cardio dvd each day. So today I did workout 1 and the cardio dvd for Phase 1.

I know I was supposed to start yesterday (Monday) but my little girl had gone to the hospital the night before and was sick all day. So yes, I made an excuse and I promised myself no excuses. But now that I HAVE started, no MORE excuses! It's ON now!

Okay, so really my mind is blown. I have done Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and her Killer Buns and Thighs (although I quit that, never finished) and this program just feels so different. It's pumped up the whole time. Everyone in the video doing the workouts is happy and you just feel like you're all in it together. There are about a dozen people in the video doing the workout with you, so there are a lot of laughs and lots of personalities shine through. It made me laugh a lot and I was smiling throughout my whole workout.

I used my heart rate monitor and I burned 764 calories for the two workouts. But I did 15 extra minutes of the workout 1 because I had to restart it for my husband to join me. So I did 72 minutes total. 764 calories. That's awesome! I'm so pumped about this program.

The exercises in workout 1 were great. They pushed me but were nothing too hard. As with all her videos, there are modifications you can do to make it easier or harder. I did the easier ones.

The cardio was just pumped up and fun the whole time. It was really great for Phase 1. Not too hard, but definitely pushed me.

I didn't get my measurements today, I will try to remember tomorrow, but I did weigh myself. 195.8 pounds. Ugh. So. Embarrassing. And I am 5'3" if that gives you an idea of how terrible my weight is. But that will change. I want to be in shape this summer so I can go swimming with my kids without being embarrassed. Come on guys, comment on this and keep me motivated. I'm hoping that by blogging my way through the Body Revolution, I can keep MYSELF motivated. My husband is on board as well so hopefully I won't fail. I won't. I just won't.

Now. On to Day 2 of 90! Bring it on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you do if you miss a workout?

Body Revolution Day 60 of 90

Body Revolution Day 12 of 90